The accelerator pedal in your 85-93 Mustang is constantly getting used and abused! It is no wonder that they are always one of the most worn parts in all Fox Body Mustangs. If you have done a 5 speed manual transmission conversion on your Stang, did you know the automatic Foxbody Mustang features a narrower pedal compared to the manual transmission version? This is one of the most overlooked parts when doing a 5 speed conversion.
Watch our install video to see just how easy it is to replace your pedal. In this video, Jmac will walk you through the removal and install process. You can also simply follow the the install instructions below:
- Ratchet with small extension
- ½” or 13mm socket
- Flat blade screwdriver
Removal & Install Procedure:
- Using the ratchet, remove the retaining nuts that hold the pedal assembly to the firewall.
- Using the screwdriver, pry the throttle cable retainer off the pedal.
- Using the punch and hammer, knock out the splined roll pin that holds the pedal to the pedal assembly.
- Remove the old pedal.
- Put the new pedal into place.
- Using the supplied roll pin and e clip, install the new pedal onto the pedal assembly.
- Reinstall the pedal assembly and you are done!
Don’t forget to replace those worn clutch and brake pedals (if they are still there). You have a complete collection of factory style Mustang pedals
and billet style pedals available for your Pony. Be sure to check out our clutch and brake pedal install video below.