Video: Mustang Saleen S281 Grille 2010-12 (S197)
Published on 2014-01-08
Adds some aggressive styling to your 10-12 Mustang GT with this authentic black finish S281 grille. This easy to install direct fit replacement for your factory grille, features a high flow 4-Bar design that will improve cooling performance.
This grille will eliminate your factory fog lights for a more streamline look and better air flow. It does not include the SALEEN emblem.
* SALEEN S281 Grille
* (8) Retaining Clips
* (1) Push Pin
If you're bored with that lame factory honeycomb grill on your 2010 to 2012 Mustang GT, then check out this Saleen Grille, available at LatemodelRestoration.com This easy-to-install modification transforms the front-end of your Mustang, giving it a more streamlined and aggressive appearance, while increasing airflow to your radiator. For more information regarding this direct bolt-on Saleen Grille, click the link below, or come hit us up at LatemodelRestoration.com.
2010-12 Mustang Saleen S281 Grille Install
Posted 9/10/2013 by Jeff Jimenez
10 14 mustang
Are you looking for an easy way to dress up the exterior of your 2010-12 Ford Mustang? Look no further than the Saleen S281 Front Grille! This has to be one of the most popular exterior mods available for the 10-12 Stangs. Not only does it add an aggressive and sleek look to your Pony but it also increases airflow by eliminating the factory fog lights and opening up the grille. It's not everyday you get styling and performance!!
This grille is a direct bolt-on installation for the factory GT front bumper. Installation is super easy and can be done in the comfort of your own garage with a few common hand-tools. Below, I will walk you through the simple steps of the installation.
Saleen S281 Grille Install
- Remove the radiator cover – held on by push pins.
- Remove the two bolts at the top of the bumper cover – allows for better access to the grille.
- Pop loose all the tabs that hold the stock grille to the bumper cover. You will have to pull back on the tabs and pull at the same time to get them to come loose. An extra set of hands will come in handy here.
- Remove the factory grille and disconnect the fog lights once you have all the tabs loose
- Install the new Saleen grille by inserting the tabs into the mounting holes of the factory grille
- Take the supplied metal retaining clips and press them over the tabs on the new grille (See Picture Below)
- You will now need to install the center push pin. You will have to drill a hole in your bumper. The factory grille will cover this hole if you later decide to return to factory grille.
- With the hole drilled you can now install the push pin
- Reinstall your radiator cover and sit back and admire your new aggressive looks!!