Does your Mustang need a little performance boost to get your 5.0L build off the ground? SVE has the answer with this Performance Starter Kit! This kit includes a cold air intake kit, a set of under drive pulleys and a A/C delete kit to help free up some extra ponies under you 5.0 Mustang's hood. This kit will help increase air flow and help reduce engine drag creating more power and torque! The kit also includes a correct drive belt to ensure proper installation!
For Off-Road Use Only!
Accessory Drive Kit:
This kit for your 1989-93 Mustang GT, LX or Cobra is intended to increase performance, reduce parasitic drag and reduce weight by bypassing the smog pump, A/C compressor. Also will reduce the amount of energy needed to rotate the remaining water pump, power steering pump and alternator with under drive pulleys.
Because this kit bypasses the factory smog pump it is not intended for sale or use on pollution controlled vehicles.
1. With the belt still on the Mustang, loosen the bolts retaining the crank, water pump, and alternator pulleys, but do not remove them. (Note: It may be easier to use an impact wrench on the alternator pulley.)
2. Remove the belt.
3. Remove the 3 previously mentioned pulleys.
4. Remove the bolts and nuts retaining the plate that attaches to the water pump, A/C compressor, and power steering pump.
5. AFTER MAKING SURE THERE IS NO REFRIGERANT IN YOUR A/C SYSTEM, remove the two lines connected to the compressor.
6. Remove the bolts retaining the A/C compressor to the cylinder head bracket.
7. Remove the aluminum cylinder head bracket.
8. Move down to the other side of the engine at the smog pump.
9. Remove the two bolts retaining the smog pump and remove the pump. (Note: It is at your discretion what you want to do with the hoses and lines associated with the A/C system and the smog pump.)
10. Install the aluminum cylinder head bracket included in the A/C delete kit with the bolts provided in the kit.
11. Install the power steering pump with the stamped metal bracket and bolts provided.
12. Install the underdrive pulleys leaving the attaching hardware hand tight.
13. Install the belt following the diagram below.
14. After the belt is installed, tighten all pulley bolts and the alternator nut. (Note: Once again it may be easier to use an impact wrench on the alternator nut.)
15. Make sure all bolts are tight and the area is clear of all tools.
Start your Mustang and reap the benefits of reduced weight and increased performance!
SVE, or Special Vehicle Equipment, is your trusted source for 1979-93 Mustang Foxbody, 1994-98 Mustang SN95, 1999-04 Mustang New Edge, or 2005-present Mustang S197 performance and styling products. Buy SVE products from Latemodel Restoration Supply and receive the best value and quality, with industry-leading customer service. Whether you need Mustang wheels, Mach1 chin spoilers, control arms, subframe connectors, clutches, lowering springs, cold air intake kits, or big brake kits, SVE is the brand you should demand.
SVE and 50resto Warranty
One Year Hassle Free Replacement
SVE and 50resto products are warranted to be free from defects in materials or workmanship for one year from date of purchase. What does this warranty cover? YOU! That’s right, whether you ordered a SVE brand Mach I grille delete or a 50resto brand light kit, if your product fails within a year of your purchase we got your back! Some conditions will apply.
Upload your own picture of the 1989-93 Mustang 5.0 SVE Performance Starter Kit
Please make sure to hold your device horzonally (like a camera) rather than vertical (like a phone). By uploading an image, you agree to give LatemodelRestoration.com permission to use it in future advertisements and promotions.
The wheel size is the diameter of the wheel, in inches, not counting the tire.
Modern tires in North America have several other measurements associated with their size.
A tire designated as a "225/70R14" denotes a tire with the following dimensions: width of tread: 225 mm; ratio of tire height to width: 70 percent; rim diameter: 14".
Therefore a 185/70R14 has the same rim diameter and aspect ratio, but a smaller overall diameter and narrower tread face than the 225/70R14.
The easiest way to measure backspace is to lay the wheel face down onto the ground so the backside of the wheel is facing up.
Take a straight edge and lay it diagonally across the inboard flange of the wheel. Take a tape measure and measure the distance from where the straight edge contacts the inboard flange to the hub mounting pad of the wheel. This measurement is the backspace.
The photo below shows three wheels with 2", 3", & 4" backspace.
Wheel Bolt Circle
The bolt pattern or bolt circle is the diameter of an imaginary circle formed by the centers of the wheel lugs. Bolt patterns can be 4, 5, 6, or 8 lug holes. A bolt circle of 4x100 would indicate a 4 lug pattern on a circle with a diameter of 100mm.
The diagram indicates the proper measuring methods. 6 lug wheels are measured like the 4 lug wheels.
The offset, measured in millimeters, can be negative or positive, and is the distance from the hub-mounting surface to the rim's true centerline. A positive offset means the hub-mounting surface is closer to the outside edge of the wheel; a negative offset means the hub-mounting surface is closer to the inside edge of the wheel. Offset affects the scrub radius of the steering and it is advisable to stay within the limits allowed by the vehicle manufacturer. If tires are fitted which are significantly wider than those specified by the manufacturer, a compromise may have to be adopted whereby a wheel with less offset is used to prevent the tire rubbing on the suspension.
Wheel Lug Pattern
Wheel lugs or bolt pattern is merely the number of bolts or lugs on the wheel. As the bolts will be evenly spaced, the number determines the bolt pattern. For example, most U.S. passenger cars have 5 bolts while compact models sometimes have only 4 and pick-up trucks can have as many as 6 or 8.
Testimonial: Head lights
my 1st purchase went extremely well the product speaks for itself tis light kit was very easy to install and gave my car an updated look
from WestBridgewater MA
posted 2 days ago
More Testimonials From Thousands of Satisfied Customers!