Does your Mustang need a little performance boost to get your 5.0L build off the ground? SVE has the answer with this Performance Starter Kit! This kit includes a cold air intake kit, a set of SVE aluminum under drive pulleys and a A/C delete kit to help free up some extra ponies under you 5.0 Mustang's hood. This kit will help increase air flow and help reduce engine drag creating more power and torque! This kit also includes a Goodyear Gatorback serpentine belt to give you the best accessory drive performance available!
For Off-Road Use Only!
Accessory Drive Kit:
This SVE kit for your 1989-93 Mustang GT, LX or Cobra is intended to increase performance, reduce parasitic drag and reduce weight by bypassing the smog pump, A/C compressor. Also will reduce the amount of energy needed to rotate the remaining water pump, power steering pump and alternator with under drive pulleys.
Because this kit bypasses the factory smog pump it is not intended for sale or use on pollution controlled vehicles.
1. With the belt still on the Mustang, loosen the bolts retaining the crank, water pump, and alternator pulleys, but do not remove them. (Note: It may be easier to use an impact wrench on the alternator pulley.)
2. Remove the belt.
3. Remove the 3 previously mentioned pulleys.
4. Remove the bolts and nuts retaining the plate that attaches to the water pump, A/C compressor, and power steering pump.
5. AFTER MAKING SURE THERE IS NO REFRIGERANT IN YOUR A/C SYSTEM, remove the two lines connected to the compressor.
6. Remove the bolts retaining the A/C compressor to the cylinder head bracket.
7. Remove the aluminum cylinder head bracket.
8. Move down to the other side of the engine at the smog pump.
9. Remove the two bolts retaining the smog pump and remove the pump. (Note: It is at your discretion what you want to do with the hoses and lines associated with the A/C system and the smog pump.)
10. Install the aluminum cylinder head bracket included in the A/C delete kit with the bolts provided in the kit.
11. Install the power steering pump with the stamped metal bracket and bolts provided.
12. Install the underdrive pulleys leaving the attaching hardware hand tight.
13. Install the belt following the diagram below.
14. After the belt is installed, tighten all pulley bolts and the alternator nut. (Note: Once again it may be easier to use an impact wrench on the alternator nut.)
15. Make sure all bolts are tight and the area is clear of all tools.
Start your Mustang and reap the benefits of reduced weight and increased performance!
Fox Body Mustang Cold Air Intake Installation (89-93 5.0 SVE)
Check out our YouTube channel for even more tech tips, installation videos, how-tos, and more. The best place to go for anything Mustang related!
Published on 2013-10-22 SVE ALUMINUM UNDERDRIVE PULLEY KITS Part #s: Blue SVE-8221BL; Red SVE-8221R; Silver SVE-8221C, Black SVE-8221B Fits: Ford Mustang LX, GT, Cobra with 5.0L V8 Years: 1979 (79) - 1980 (80) - 1981 (81) - 1982 (82) - 1983 (83) - 1984 (84) - 1985 (85) - 1986 (86) - 1987 (87) - 1988 (88) - 1989 (89) - 1990 (90) - 1991 (91) - 1992 (92) - 1993 (93)
Free up some horsepower in your 79-93 Fox Body Mustang with SVE Performance Aluminum Underdrive Pulley Kits. These direct bolt on underdrive pulleys fit all 79-93 Stangs with a V8. They are available in four colors, Blue, Clear/Silver, Red & Black, to help dress up your engine bay. They add extra horsepower by reducing your accessory drive drag and their lightweight billet aluminum construction. Installation can be done in your driveway with simple hand tools.
Each kit includes hardware, alternator pulley, water pump pulley & crank pulley.
Published on 2013-11-11 1989-93 FORD MUSTANG 5.0 SVE COLD AIR INTAKE KIT POLISHED - FOX BODY Brand: SVE Part Number # LRS-9659CA3K Fits: Ford Mustang 5.0L - 1989 (89) - 1990 (90) - 1991 (91) - 1992 (92) - 1993 (93)
Are you looking to increase horsepower and fuel economy on your Fox Body Mustang? How about doing all of this without breaking the bank? Well you are in luck! The SVE Cold Air Intake for the 89-93 5.0L Mustangs will do all of this and even improve the looks of your underhood with its polished finish. Installation is super easy with the help of this how to installation video!
Each SVE intake includes all the needed hardware and components you need to replace the restrictive factory intake tube and box with this high flow SVE CAI. Don't forget to look at our SVE Power Packages that include the SVE intake and under drive pulley kit, 70mm throttle body and many other SVE performance parts. They are guaranteed to wake up any 5.0L HO push rod motor!! See our complete line of SVE performance packages here: http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/products/Mustang-Performance-Parts-Kits-1979-1993Mustang Performance Part Kits
LatemodelRestoration.com, SVE & 5.0Resto are dedicated to the restoration and performance of your Project Foxbody Mustang!!
SVE, or Special Vehicle Equipment, is your trusted source for 1979-93 Mustang Foxbody, 1994-98 Mustang SN95, 1999-04 Mustang New Edge, or 2005-present Mustang S197 performance and styling products. Buy SVE products from Latemodel Restoration Supply and receive the best value and quality, with industry-leading customer service. Whether you need Mustang wheels, Mach1 chin spoilers, control arms, subframe connectors, clutches, lowering springs, cold air intake kits, or big brake kits, SVE is the brand you should demand.
SVE and 50resto Warranty
One Year Hassle Free Replacement
SVE and 50resto products are warranted to be free from defects in materials or workmanship for one year from date of purchase. What does this warranty cover? YOU! That’s right, whether you ordered a SVE brand Mach I grille delete or a 50resto brand light kit, if your product fails within a year of your purchase we got your back! Some conditions will apply.
Everytime I have delt with LateModel, it seems to get better and better. I have had all positive experiences which is much more than i can say about Summit, or American Muscle. I like the mom and pop shop feel i get when i deal with LateModel. We had a family buisness turning wrenches and a huge part of our success was customer service. Specifically treating every single female as how we would want our sister of mother treated when going to a buisness. We were always more than fair, accommodating and made sure to make all of our customers leave with a smile. And it worked. 30 years later my brother is still in buisness. Yesterday, I got that same type of treatment by Ian. Thank you Ian, you really went above and beyond like this was your personal buisness. Late Model, you just def locked in another lifelong customer thanks to Ian. Semper Fi