Does your Mustang need a little performance boost to get your 5.0L build off the ground? SVE has the answer with this Performance Starter Kit! This kit includes a cold air intake kit, a set of SVE aluminum under drive pulleys and a A/C delete kit to help free up some extra ponies under you 5.0 Mustang's hood. This kit will help increase air flow and help reduce engine drag creating more power and torque! This kit also includes a Goodyear Gatorback serpentine belt to give you the best accessory drive performance available!
For Off-Road Use Only!
Accessory Drive Kit:
This SVE kit for your 1989-93 Mustang GT, LX or Cobra is intended to increase performance, reduce parasitic drag and reduce weight by bypassing the smog pump, A/C compressor. Also will reduce the amount of energy needed to rotate the remaining water pump, power steering pump and alternator with under drive pulleys.
Because this kit bypasses the factory smog pump it is not intended for sale or use on pollution controlled vehicles.
1. With the belt still on the Mustang, loosen the bolts retaining the crank, water pump, and alternator pulleys, but do not remove them. (Note: It may be easier to use an impact wrench on the alternator pulley.)
2. Remove the belt.
3. Remove the 3 previously mentioned pulleys.
4. Remove the bolts and nuts retaining the plate that attaches to the water pump, A/C compressor, and power steering pump.
5. AFTER MAKING SURE THERE IS NO REFRIGERANT IN YOUR A/C SYSTEM, remove the two lines connected to the compressor.
6. Remove the bolts retaining the A/C compressor to the cylinder head bracket.
7. Remove the aluminum cylinder head bracket.
8. Move down to the other side of the engine at the smog pump.
9. Remove the two bolts retaining the smog pump and remove the pump. (Note: It is at your discretion what you want to do with the hoses and lines associated with the A/C system and the smog pump.)
10. Install the aluminum cylinder head bracket included in the A/C delete kit with the bolts provided in the kit.
11. Install the power steering pump with the stamped metal bracket and bolts provided.
12. Install the underdrive pulleys leaving the attaching hardware hand tight.
13. Install the belt following the diagram below.
14. After the belt is installed, tighten all pulley bolts and the alternator nut. (Note: Once again it may be easier to use an impact wrench on the alternator nut.)
15. Make sure all bolts are tight and the area is clear of all tools.
Start your Mustang and reap the benefits of reduced weight and increased performance!
Check out our YouTube channel for even more tech tips, installation videos, how-tos, and more. The best place to go for anything Mustang related!
SVE, or Special Vehicle Equipment, is your trusted source for 1979-93 Mustang Foxbody, 1994-98 Mustang SN95, 1999-04 Mustang New Edge, or 2005-present Mustang S197 performance and styling products. Buy SVE products from Latemodel Restoration Supply and receive the best value and quality, with industry-leading customer service. Whether you need Mustang wheels, Mach1 chin spoilers, control arms, subframe connectors, clutches, lowering springs, cold air intake kits, or big brake kits, SVE is the brand you should demand.
SVE and 50resto Warranty
One Year Hassle Free Replacement
SVE and 50resto products are warranted to be free from defects in materials or workmanship for one year from date of purchase. What does this warranty cover? YOU! That’s right, whether you ordered a SVE brand Mach I grille delete or a 50resto brand light kit, if your product fails within a year of your purchase we got your back! Some conditions will apply.
Upload your own picture of the Mustang SVE 5.0L Performance Starter Kit w/ Black Pulleys (89-93)
Please make sure to hold your device horzonally (like a camera) rather than vertical (like a phone).
By uploading an image, you agree to give LatemodelRestoration.com permission to use it in future advertisements and promotions.
Testimonial: Fast, free shipping... need i say more?
This whole year (2013) i've ordered numerous parts. from the front end (core support, head lights, radiator) to a all new rear end ( gears, axles, control arms) and everything in between. very pleased with Latemodel restoration's fast, free shipping and prices. never had any issues with orders i just point,click, and two days later its at my doorstep. you can bet when it warms up, and i get some seat time, ill be back for parts reviews. GREAT JOB LMR! keep up the good work.
I bought my Stang about 8 years, it has been sitting for about 3 years because it was stolen. When it was recovered it was missing a lot of interior parts, leaking oil, tranny problems, and electrical...