This kit for your 1985-93 Mustang GT, LX or Cobra is intended to increase performance, reduce parasitic drag and reduce weight by bypassing the smog pump, A/C compressor. Also will reduce the amount of energy needed to rotate the remaining water pump, power steering pump and alternator with SVE aluminum under drive pulleys. This kit also includes a Goodyear Gatorback serpentine belt to give you the best accessory drive performance available!
Because this kit bypasses the factory smog pump it is not intended for sale or use on pollution controlled vehicles.
1. With the belt still on the Mustang, loosen the bolts retaining the crank, water pump, and alternator pulleys, but do not remove them. (Note: It may be easier to use an impact wrench on the alternator pulley.)
2. Remove the belt.
3. Remove the 3 previously mentioned pulleys.
4. Remove the bolts and nuts retaining the plate that attaches to the water pump, A/C compressor, and power steering pump.
5. AFTER MAKING SURE THERE IS NO REFRIGERANT IN YOUR A/C SYSTEM, remove the two lines connected to the compressor.
6. Remove the bolts retaining the A/C compressor to the cylinder head bracket.
7. Remove the aluminum cylinder head bracket.
8. Move down to the other side of the engine at the smog pump.
9. Remove the two bolts retaining the smog pump and remove the pump. (Note: It is at your discretion what you want to do with the hoses and lines associated with the A/C system and the smog pump.)
10. Install the aluminum cylinder head bracket included in the A/C delete kit with the bolts provided in the kit.
11. Install the power steering pump with the stamped metal bracket and bolts provided.
12. Install the underdrive pulleys leaving the attaching hardware hand tight.
13. Install the belt following the diagram below.
14. After the belt is installed, tighten all pulley bolts and the alternator nut. (Note: Once again it may be easier to use an impact wrench on the alternator nut.)
15. Make sure all bolts are tight and the area is clear of all tools.
Start your Mustang and reap the benefits of reduced weight and increased performance!
Awesome kit. Prolly woulda been better if it came with the tool to remove the ac lines
Yes, I would recommend this item to a friend!
Was this review helpful to you?
Shipped fast fit perfect. Our power steering bracket wasn't the correct one for the kit. Our Mustang was converted from a 4 cyl. to a 5.0, power steering bracket on bracket on our car was from a Lincoln. Once we got the correct one off from a Mustang everything went together great.
50resto - Dedicated To The Preservation Of The Fox Body Mustang
50resto is your trusted source for 1979-93 Mustang Foxbody restoration products. Buy 50resto products from Latemodel Restoration Supply and receive the best value, quality and industry-leading customer service. Whether you need Fox Body Mustang weatherstrip, headlights, taillights, seals, body panels, hardware, door handles, trim parts, carpeting or upholstery, 50resto is the brand you should demand.
SVE and 50resto Warranty
One Year Hassle Free Replacement
SVE and 50resto products are warranted to be free from defects in materials or workmanship for one year from date of purchase. What does this warranty cover? YOU! That’s right, whether you ordered a SVE brand Mach I grille delete or a 50resto brand light kit, if your product fails within a year of your purchase we got your back! Some conditions will apply.