I'm interested in the 1979-93 Ford Mustang 4 Lug 2003 Cobra Wheel for my 1979 Mustang Cobra. I'm also interested in making other modifications such as lowering springs, shocks, struts, and upper & lower control arms. However, I have several concerns that I need to plan out before making any orders.
1. I want all of the parts to work well together - don't want to get into major custom fabrication issues requiring significant additional costs.
2. Your site makes note of fitment issues for the older FOX Mustangs: "1979-86 Mustang All: Requires a wheel spacer OR upgrading to 1987-1993 5.0 struts, spindles & brakes." This leads to more questions:
3. Would it make sense to update to 1987-1993 5.0 struts, spindles & brakes? Do you carry these parts?
4. If I update to the 1987-1993 5.0 struts, spindles & brakes, this will change the struts I need to select - and, anything else?
5. Do you recommend any additional suspension mods - e.g. caster/camber plates, etc.
6. Will these mods help minimize any rubbing issues with the larger wheels and tires? I don't want to make mods that will create maintenance issues or even worse, a dangerous vehicle.
7. Do you have any experts that can help me make a selection of parts for mods that make sense?
John C. Wisse
Asked by John W. from Rochelle Park | 1 0
Ford Mustang - 1979 (79) - 1980 (80) - 1981 (81) - 1982 (82) - 1983 (83) - 1984 (84) - 1985 (85) - 1986 (86) - 1987 (87) - 1988 (88) - 1989 (89) - 1990 (90) - 1991 (91) - 1992 (92) - 1993 (93)