Due to a warehouse move all wheel shipments will be delayed until Monday 12/22.
Aggressive Braking Characteristics
Wide Temp Range
Designed For Auto Cross & Club Track Events
Can Still Be Used For Street Use To & From Events
100-800°F Or 38-482°C Heat Range
Exceptional Stopping Performance
Designed for Track Use but Street Capable Also
What's in the Box
(1) Set Front HP Plus Compound Pads
Give your 05-14 Mustang maximum performance on the track with Hawk HP Plus brake pads. These Hawk HP Plus pads fit 2005-2014 Mustang GT & V6 applications Including Bullitt and Shelby GT. HP Plus pads utilize a unique Ferro-Carbon, high-tech friction material that was developed and manufactured for sport driving in autocross, Solo II and "track day" applications. Hawk’s HP Plus race compound can take the heat of the track, and get you home safely without having to change back to street brake pads. HP Plus friction formulation offers lower wear rates and higher torque values than other competitive materials.
* * * NOTE: The Hawk HP Plus Compounds are designed for Auto Cross, & club track day events where the vehicle may be driven to and from the track. This compound is a balance of track performance and can still be used on the street. Perfect for the weekend racer.* * *
WARNING: Due to this product's dramatic friction levels, the user may notice increased noise, dust, and pad and rotor wear.
Brake Pad Burnishing/Bedding-In Instructions
1. After reaching medium speed engage brake pedal to slow car without coming to a complete stop. Release pedal quickly and do not drag brakes. Repeat four or five times.
2. At higher speeds engage brake pedal to slow car without coming to a complete stop. Release pedal quickly and do not drag brakes.
Repeat five times.
3. At or near race speed engage brake pedal to slow car without coming to a complete stop. Release pedal quickly and do not drag brakes.
Repeat three times. Allow a few seconds between brake engagements while car is in motion.
4. Do not hold brake pedal. Park car for approximately 20 minutes or until brake rotors are completely cool to the touch.
5. If during the above steps the brake pedal becomes soft or brake fade is noticed, park the car immediately for approximately 20 minutes. Do not hold brake pedal!
IMPORTANT REMINDERS WHEN BURNISHING/BEDDING BRAKE PADS
• Do not attempt to use badly worn or damaged rotors with new brake pads.
• Do not drag brakes while car is moving during break-in procedure.
• Do not engage pedal while car is stopped at any time following the break-in procedure.
• Upon completing the procedure, allow the brake system to completely cool before racing.
• Applying the pedal a few times before the start of the race will allow the brake pads to heat up before attempting to reach race speeds.
• Clean a used rotor surface with fine sand paper or steel wool, rinse with water, dry and install before bedding new pads.
• Some forms of racing don't allow time for the proper break-in procedure to be performed. However, it is still very important to attempt to perform at least the core of the procedure: Build up heat slowly and allow the system to completely cool down before racing if possible.
What can I say? When it comes to high performance brakes, Hawk is the only name I trust! I use my used track pads for street use, and run the new sets at the track at at least 2 or 3 events. Don't be fooled by the company's product description, These are totally streetable, if you don't mind the dust and noise. I have actually gotten 20k of hard daily driver/ track day use out of them, and been amazed at the amount of pad left! Never an issue with quality, leaves me wondering, why would anyone use the HPS version, or stock for that matter?
Hawk - Race Proven, Street Legal
Wellman Products Group introduced Hawk high performance disc brake pads into the Motorsports arena more than 15 years ago and the brand has outperformed the competition and gained a loyal following from Mustang & Lightning owners across the U.S.A. Wellman Products Group is renowned for providing engineered solutions to original equipment and aftermarket customers for products that perform in demanding aerospace, on-highway truck, agriculture, construction, mining, powersports, motorsports, automotive, military, industrial, and specialty applications. With exceptional research and development programs, Hawk provides friction materials designed to improve power management for any friction application. Shop LatemodelRestoration.com for Hawk performance HPS Compound and ceramic brake pads, brake shoes, and other high quality brake system components.
I would like to give a big thank you to Latemodel Resto Employee Tyler Rodriguez, he went above and beyond to provide outstanding Customer service, really made me a customer for life, i plan to make all my future purchases from latemodelresto when i get my hands on a 2015 Mustang. thanks again Tyler for the outstanding customer service you and latemodelresto provide.