Designed to get you to and from the track without requiring brake change
Fits 2007-2013 GT500
Fits 2011-2013 Mustang GT with Brembo Package
What's in the Box
(1) Set Front HP Plus Compound Pads
Need a performance brake pad for your 07-12 GT 500 or 11-14 GT Track Pack Mustang? The Hawk HP Plus pad is just what you've been looking for. These Hawk HP Plus pads fit 2007-2012 Mustang GT500 & 2011-2014 GT Brembo Upgrade applications. HP Plus pads utilize a unique Ferro-Carbon, high-tech friction material that was developed and manufactured for sport driving in autocross, Solo II and "track day" applications. Hawk’s HP Plus race compound can take the heat of the track, and get you home safely without having to change back to street brake pads. HP Plus friction formulation offers lower wear rates and higher torque values than other competitive materials.
The Hawk HP Plus Compounds are designed for Auto Cross, & club track day events where the vehicle may be driven to and from the track. This compound is a balance of track performance and can still be used on the street. Perfect for the weekend racer.
WARNING:Due to this product's dramatic friction levels, the user may notice increased noise, dust, and pad and rotor wear.
Does NOT fit 2013-2014 GT500 Mustang.
Brake Pad Burnishing/Bedding-In Instructions
1. After reaching medium speed engage brake pedal to slow car without coming to a complete stop. Release pedal quickly and do not drag brakes. Repeat four or five times.
2. At higher speeds engage brake pedal to slow car without coming to a complete stop. Release pedal quickly and do not drag brakes.
Repeat five times.
3. At or near race speed engage brake pedal to slow car without coming to a complete stop. Release pedal quickly and do not drag brakes.
Repeat three times. Allow a few seconds between brake engagements while car is in motion.
4. Do not hold brake pedal. Park car for approximately 20 minutes or until brake rotors are completely cool to the touch.
5. If during the above steps the brake pedal becomes soft or brake fade is noticed, park the car immediately for approximately 20 minutes. Do not hold brake pedal!
IMPORTANT REMINDERS WHEN BURNISHING/BEDDING BRAKE PADS
• Do not attempt to use badly worn or damaged rotors with new brake pads.
• Do not drag brakes while car is moving during break-in procedure.
• Do not engage pedal while car is stopped at any time following the break-in procedure.
• Upon completing the procedure, allow the brake system to completely cool before racing.
• Applying the pedal a few times before the start of the race will allow the brake pads to heat up before attempting to reach race speeds.
• Clean a used rotor surface with fine sand paper or steel wool, rinse with water, dry and install before bedding new pads.
• Some forms of racing don't allow time for the proper break-in procedure to be performed. However, it is still very important to attempt to perform at least the core of the procedure: Build up heat slowly and allow the system to completely cool down before racing if possible.
Bed-in / Burnishing Instructions:
1. After installing new brake pads, make 6-to-10 stops from approximately 30-35 MPH applying moderate pressure.
2. Make an additional 2-to-3 hard stops from approximately 40-45 MPH.
3. DO NOT DRAG BRAKES!
4. Allow at least 15 minutes for the brake system to cool down.
5. After step 4 is completed, your new Hawk Performance brake pads are ready for use.
Hawk - Race Proven, Street Legal
Wellman Products Group introduced Hawk high performance disc brake pads into the Motorsports arena more than 15 years ago and the brand has outperformed the competition and gained a loyal following from Mustang & Lightning owners across the U.S.A. Wellman Products Group is renowned for providing engineered solutions to original equipment and aftermarket customers for products that perform in demanding aerospace, on-highway truck, agriculture, construction, mining, powersports, motorsports, automotive, military, industrial, and specialty applications. With exceptional research and development programs, Hawk provides friction materials designed to improve power management for any friction application. Shop LatemodelRestoration.com for Hawk performance HPS Compound and ceramic brake pads, brake shoes, and other high quality brake system components.
Just a quick note to say what great people (Eddie Davis) are at Latemodel Restoration. I ordered and bought a set of Track Pack Wheels for my 2014 Mustang GT.Their prices and service is the BEST in the MUSTANG INDUSTRY, not only the price and service but the honesty. The wheels came thru with the wrong center caps one call to Eddie Davis corrected the situation in one phone call and the next day I had the center caps (FORD RACING) the correct ones no BS, they just did the Right Thing,whereas in this Day and Age you don't here that often. LATEMODEL RESTORATION is the only place for your Mustangs parts and equipment, trust me try them and you will see what I mean!!